Making Your Checkup
Quick & Easy
National Council of Aging (NCOA)
Take A Stand is working with the NCOA to offer you free access to BenefitsCheckUp®.
• Founded in 1950, NCOA is a trusted, non-profit organization working to improve the lives of older adults.
• Serves as a national voice for older Americans and the community organizations that serve them.
• Developed long-standing community programs, such as Meals on Wheels.
Social security benefits, retirement benefits specialist, life insurance agency, medicare medical insurance, best health insurance for retirees
What is BenefitsCheckUp®?
• A free service of the National Council on Aging (NCOA).
• An online screening tool that can help you find benefits you may be eligible for from over 2,500 federal, state and private programs.
• A completely private and confidential online tool.
How does this help you?
Here are some of the expenses
BenefitsCheckUp® may help you with:
Medications | Food | Utilities
Legal Assistance | Health Care
Housing | Property Taxes | Transportation Employment Training
John is a single man. He is a retired veteran with an income of $13,500. He rents an apartment and takes several medications.
John Might Find Help From:
• Supplemental Nutrition
• Tax credit for the elderly and
• Utility help program
• Home care services
• Transportation service
Elizabeth is a married woman. Together with her husband, they have a combined income of $40,000.
They own their home. She takes a few medications. She is unable work.
Elizabeth might find help from
• Property tax relief program
• Home care assistance
• Utility help programs
Many people are often surprised that they can get extra help!
• Click "Find Benefits Programs"
• Click on "Go" under either the "Comprehensive Screening" or the "Express Screening"
• Complete the questionnaire - You do not need to answer every question, but you will get better results if you provide complete information.
• Click on "View and Print Report"
Your Benefit Specialist Can Also Help You Complete
the Online Questionnaire.
You Have Options!
Screens for all 2,500 benefit programs. Only takes 20 - 30 minutes to complete.
Quick way to find help from some of the most common benefit programs. Only takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete.
You can print either the Express or Comprehensive questionnaires. Fill it out and go back and enter responses.
Here's What You'll Need for Your Screening:
• Your ZIP code
• Your birthday and/or your spouse's birthday
• Where you live: house, apartment or mobile home
• How long have you lived there?
• Are you or your spouse a Veteran?
• Did you or your spouse ever work for the state, local, county or federal government or the railroads?
• What are the names of the medicines you take? (Have your medicine bottles or information with you.)
• How much money do you make in a month?
• What other expenses do you have (such as mortgage/rent, utilities, out-of-pocket medical bills, etc.)?